Coconut Oil, Ketones and Alzheimer's

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

D-ribose update

Since I wrote about it in my blog, I have found an article from 1971 showing that D-ribose is taken up by the brain rather quickly in rats. ("Metabolism of D-Ribose in Rat Tissues," MK Gaitonde, T Arnfred, Journal of Neurochemistry, Vol 18 Issue 10, P 1971-1987.) I also found a book written by Paul Addis,PhD, "The Health Benefits of Ribose," written in 2007 in which he mentions the possibility that D-ribose could be beneficial in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, but not proven yet. I have tried with no luck so far to contact him. In cardiac patients, Dr. Sinatra says that the effects of these supplements can be evident within a few days.

People frequently ask me how Steve is doing and I am happy to report that he is actually doing quite well these days. His speech seems to be flowing better and I am not seeing any physical symptoms. He tells me he feels great, not even a hint of depression, which was a serious problem before we started coconut oil. He is still a long way from having anything resembling a normal memory, but has recovered in so many other ways.

70 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home